1) I survived April Fool's Day unscathed. I hate tricks. I hate surprises. (I even pick out 99% of my own Christmas presents to avoid surprises. The other 1% is entrusted to Fitz along with a very, very detailed list of my wants and wishes.) So the first day of April and all it's foolishness is my idea of the worst. holiday. ever. Thankfully I wasn't forced to celebrate this year.
2) I just sewed a felt owl onto a quilt square. I love him. I want to keep him as my own quilted owl, but alas I must send him in the mail Monday. He's going to be part of a "we love you!" quilt for Lin when she has the babe. Since we can't be there in person we can be there in spirt. Or something like that. It's a sweet idea and I can't wait to see the finished product.
3) New favorite recipe - lemon pasta salad. I substituted red peppers and cucumber for the tomatoes and zucchini since I wanted to use the vegetables that I had, but it was still amazing. It's the perfect time of year for cold pasta salads because it brings hope of an impending summer. (I've pretty well given up on spring.)
4) Two recipes I'm excited to try this week - chicken tacos with fried shells like chalupas. Canada has yet to experience the ah-mazing Taco Bell chalupa shell so I'm bringing it to the west one taco at a time. And honey oatmeal bread. I can already taste it toasted and slathered with butter.
5) Ummm... ahhh... I really need to change this to 4FY.