1) Our kitchen experienced a major overhaul in the last few days. I'm all about living in a space and moving and rearranging to make things more functional. Hopefully the changes I made are actual improvements. Right now it just annoys Fitz because he has no clue where to put away clean dishes.
2) The polka-dot Ikea chair was meant to be mine! I picked it up last week and have been admiring it ever since. As much as I love polka-dots, I decided they were too juvenile and peeled off the slipcover to reveal a neutral cream colored base. Good enough for now! Eventually I'll recover it myself or buy a new slipcover from Ikea.
3) Kid/dog/house sitting was fun. And relatively uneventful. These two are always on their best behaviour with babysitters and they adored their time with us. Lots of video games, lots of jumping on the trampoline, lots of street (driveway) hockey, and lots of book reading. We'll be babysitting the same kiddos for 10 days for a yet to be determined date so this was a positive trial run. Mommas will be glad that we haven't completely written off the idea of procreating.
4) I hosted an impromptu dinner party for three tonight. The three being Fitz, Q, and me. It was awesome. I made pasta primavera with breaded chicken breast and garlic bread. Mmm, carbs. I'd give you the recipes, but all of it consists of throwing things in a pot until it looks pretty and smells good.
5) I bought a pair of jeans for $9 today. I feel the need to mention this because it is the cheapest pair of jeans I can recall purchasing... ever. My usual price for pants is $20 with clearance sales (if I didn't need to buy them long I could get pants a lot cheaper, darn long legs), so this was exceptional. I was disappointed when I couldn't find more than one pair in my size.